Performs receptionist and secretarial duties for the Roemer Road location. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, greeting visitors, answering incoming calls, transferring calls, paging staff, and taking messages. Provides clerical support to all departments and staff at Roemer Road. Serves as back-up to other VPI locations as needed. Performs other duties as required.
- Greets visitors and notifies the party they are visiting, and ensures that visitors sign in, obtain a special visitor’s badge, and sign out and return the badge upon departure.
- Courteously answers all incoming calls, transfers calls, pages staff, or takes messages, as necessary.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, including the assembly and distribution of large mailouts and faxes.
- Supports HR with tasks related to uploading documentation, preparing onboarding and new hire paperwork, filling Worker’s Compensation, or other clerical tasks
- Assists with staffing by managing posts, scheduling interviews, tracking attendance, etc
- Supports Community Programs with tasks related to creating and maintaining Community Employment Mentor schedule, pulling monthly billing for Education and IPS programs, and conducting Salesforce audits
- Prepares communications, memos, emails, invoices, and other reports
- Maintains filing system electronically or physically
- Maintains confidential personnel files
- Prepares weekly, monthly, or yearly reports as needed
- Manages bank deposits and other cash payments (bus passes, fundraisers, etc.)
- Attends, takes notes, and distributes minutes for specified meetings
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Associates degree in Administration, Business, HR, or another related field
- 1-year experience working as an Administrative Assistant or other office support role
- Working knowledge and familiarity with various software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with various business machines including personal computers, electronic typewriters, transcribers, photocopiers, electronic calculators, and fax machines.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills that include the ability to deal courteously and effectively with visitors and telephone callers, to work as a team member, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.