Do you love working with children and their families and like having control over your own schedule? Are you interested in a rewarding career helping others and working for a company that makes a difference in our community? If so, we have the job for you!
The VPI Early Intervention Birth to 3 Program is accepting applications for an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher in Outagamie and Winnebago Counties. The ECSE Teacher will be a member of a transdisciplinary Early Intervention team supporting infants and toddlers with developmental delays and their families. Be a part of a team that provides family-centered support and builds the capacity of parents to promote their child’s development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education – required
- DPI licensure (809 or equivalent) – required
- Knowledge of Early Intervention/Birth to 3 programming
- Previous experience as a ECSE Teacher – preferred
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS AN ECSE TEACHER
- Evaluate children referred to the Early Intervention Program using standardized evaluation procedures to determine program eligibility.
- Share expertise with families and Early Intervention team on needs related to cognition, social/emotional development, behavior, play skills and overall child development.
- Provides coaching for family members, other caregivers, and colleagues to promote the child’s development and encourage the child’s participation in home and community activities and settings.
- Provide ongoing service coordination after a child has been enrolled and ensure timeline requirements are met.
- Collaborate with community agencies and professionals in order to provide timely and seamless services to children and their families.
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Base pay $40,000 – 45,000 /year plus benefits
VPI, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, provides a variety of education, human service, and vocational skills training to community members who have disabilities or are disadvantaged, and custom packaging and manufacturing related services to private industry. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, VPI has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: 20+ unique rehabilitation programs, over 800,000 square feet of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.
ABOUT THE EARLY INTERVENTION (BIRTH TO 3) PROGRAM OF OUTAGAIE AND WINNEBAGO COUNTIES
The Early Intervention Program provides comprehensive services and support to families and children under the age of three who are experiencing delays in their development or have special needs. The focus is on supporting parents and caregivers and giving them the tools they need to help their children develop and learn.