Provides transportation to individuals with disabilities, including high school students, to work sites and community activities. Operates personal vehicle or a mini-bus seating 14 passengers (no CDL required) safely and efficiently.
- Navigates and drives the assigned routes.
- Completes driver logs to record passengers, time, and mileage.
- Performs safety inspections at the start and end of each shift.
- Monitors gasoline usage and keeps gasoline above a quarter tank.
- Works collaboratively with supervisor to create and manage routes and transportation needs.
- Reports any vehicle needs to VPI leadership.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position, including the safe operation of the assigned vehicle.
- Able to read route sheets and simple instructions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.