Website VPI Inc
Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates prevention programs to retain or improve functioning and to delay or prevent the need for comprehensive long-term care services for the ADRC at Outagamie County. Performs other duties as required.
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates a comprehensive chronic disease prevention program focusing on modifiable risk factors. Utilizes programs already developed within the State of Wisconsin and research prevention models/programs developed elsewhere that meet ADRC needs.
2. Collaborates prevention program planning and service activities with public health agencies and other entities that have public prevention, early intervention, disease management and/or health literacy focus to avoid duplication of programs and best meet the needs of the ADRC target populations.
3. Evaluates the effectiveness of ADRC prevention programs utilizing evidence-based programs whenever possible, collecting data and reporting on program outcomes.
4. Acts as a resource person on prevention for the ADRC target populations with community groups, public agencies and professional organizations, schools, and policy makers.
5. Conducts and/or arranges in-service training for ADRC staff on current trends in public health education.
6. Participates in public health promotion and marketing efforts to increase awareness and understanding of health programs, services, and activities.
7. Participates in ADRC meetings as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a major in public health education or related field.
2. Two years of full-time public health experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
3. CHES Certification, preferred.
4. A minimum of two years’ experience working with some or all the ADRC target populations.
5. A thorough knowledge and understanding of health education and health promotion techniques.
6. Ability to develop creative concepts and innovative techniques to reach populations with appropriate health information.
7. Demonstrated common sense, judgment, and communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Salary: $53,248.00 – $60,465.00 per year