JOB SUMMARY: Involves performing simple one or two-step packaging or assembly jobs. Although there is minimal demand for independent judgment or quality inspection, it does require the correct number of pieces or correct orientation within gross tolerances. Performs other duties as required. Hours: Shift: 7:00am to 3:00pm. Overtime occurs from mid-August to mid-December when scheduled hours frequently 5:30am-3:30pm
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PRODUCTION WORKER:
- Work in a team environment with a daily goal to meet safety and production standards.
- Work on production line with consistent speed and accuracy in a fast paced and safe environment.
- Standing for 8-hours (physical labor), rotate job every 2 to 3 hours
- Complete packaging tasks such as box assembly, packing tape and use of a pallet jack.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment and report safety concerns to supervisor
- Report any machine issues to supervisor
- Follow verbal directions
- Actively look for safety and process improvements in ALL functional areas
- High school diploma completed or in progress
$100.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
VPI, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization provides a variety of community programs and services – including education, early intervention, employment, mental health, and social and recreational services – and packaging solutions to the Fox Cities and surrounding areas. By providing efficient contract packaging and production services to private industry, with an integrated workforce, VPI has been able to deliver community programing and services to support the changing needs of community members with disabilities or disadvantages.