- 110 N. Kensington Drive, Appleton
- 2730 N Roemer Road, Appleton
First shift: Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.(Kensington Drive and Roemer Road, Appleton)
Second shift: Monday-Friday 4:15 p.m. to 12:45 a.m. (Kensington Drive, Appleton)
Involves performing simple one or two-step packaging or assembly jobs. Although there is minimal demand for independent judgment or quality inspection, it does require the correct number of pieces or correct orientation within gross tolerances. Performs other duties as required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PRODUCTION WORKER:
1. May include counting and inserting product into a bag or chipbox and placing on a conveyor.
2. Removing production from a master carton and placing on a conveyor, or
3. Collating product and placing in a container or on a conveyor, or
4. Attaching pieces together by the use of a hex wrench or screwdriver, or
5. Gluing flaps or pockets of folders, or
6. Applying labels to corrugate using adhesives.
$100.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
VPI, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, provides a variety of education, human service, and vocational skills training to community members who have disabilities or are disadvantaged, and custom packaging and manufacturing related services to private industry. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, VPI has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: 20+ unique rehabilitation programs, over 800,000 square feet of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.