JOB SUMMARY: The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator is responsible for timely and accurate data entry of information regarding shipments, receipts, and transfers by working with department personnel so that the information available to users on the software system is accurate. Responsible for keeping, updating and communicating the “inbound” and “outbound” shipping reports. Work with both inbound and outbound drivers to have proper documents from either a shipment or a delivery. Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in warehousing, shipping/receiving, or related field
- Strong mathematical and clerical skills, knowledge of supervisory techniques, and analytical problem solving skills helpful
- Demonstrated common sense, judgment, and communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A SHIPPING & RECEIVING COORDINATOR:
- Communicates with designated internal employees and external customers immediately regarding discrepancies recognized in shipping and receiving process
- Communicates with customers and their contacts to schedule shipments and receipts
- Assists in the orderly function of office through use of various business machines
- Maintains control of traffic into and out of docks
- Performs various clerical duties, such as entering data, sorting, copying and filing documents, and related clerical functions
- Reviews and/or completes a variety of documents, forms, and materials to initiate or complete the shipping, receiving, or transportation process
- Coordinates with supervisor(s) and or customer(s) on pick up and or delivery requests to ensure accurate order of assignments are met
- Assists in verifying both inbound and outbound loads
- Helps prioritize shipments based off shipping schedule and customers WM System
- Assists in adjusting tasks based on need throughout the day (i.e. locking and unlocking warehouse locations for Material Handlers and adjusting pallet counts for locations based on warehouse needs.)
- Assists in troubleshooting errors that occur during the picking and or loading process and communicate to appropriate VPI employees and customer contacts to help resolve the issues
- Willingness to learn customer SAP program and assist the receiving department with their inbound strategy plans
- Act as a back-up to cover responsibilities of other distribution/traffic staff, as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Base pay starting at $14- $18 per hour depending on experience. Full time with full benefits package offered.
VPI, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization provides a variety of community programs and services – including education, early intervention, employment, mental health, and social and recreational services – and packaging solutions to the Fox Cities and surrounding areas. By providing efficient contract packaging and production services to private industry, with an integrated workforce, VPI has been able to deliver community programing and services to support the changing needs of community members with disabilities or disadvantages.